MERKELEON PLATFORM BASIC FUNCTIONS
Turnkey software solution for your online business success.
Essential features and modules.
On this page you can find the description of the platform core functions, which are strictly necessary at each auction or trading platform site. You can see the themes on the left and read the functions on the right accordingly.
Merkeleon team would be glad to both adapt existing core modules or develop completely new ones to fit project business logic. There are no limits for development: any feature could be created. The unique architecture of Merkeleon platform allows implementation of new features any time without the need to stop website operation.
- User registration
- Registration confirmation is performed by sending a unique code to the user’s e-mail. Thus, players should put in their real data. Further on, you can carry on advertising campaigns and send notifications to users. Verification is important while accounting new players invited by the user. Confirmation with SMS is also possible.
- Users roles management
- This module allows creating different roles for auction users and employees. It provides an option of administrating and changing access rights in user area and in auction administration panel. This way you can distribute such tasks as managing auctions, users, email and advertising campaign preparation, etc., between different performers by giving them special rights.
- Managing users
- Administrator has complete control of the users. You get contact information of the registered users and track their financial balance.
- User avatars
- Each registered user can make their own profile as well as upload avatars.
- Multilingual and international
- The built-in multilingual module provides administrator with the ability to add an unlimited number of languages. It also allows easy changing of titles in the auction page and user area. E.g., you can easily turn “My Area” into “My Kingdom”.
- Pages (Text, Contact, Link)
- Auction administrator can create new pages in the main menu and submenu of the home page. He can also create a text page like Auction General Rules or About Company, contact page with a standard feedback form, as well as an active link leading to another page or site. With the help of a built-in module text editor with broad functionality it is easy to edit the content of pages and change their formatting.
- Managing products
- You can organize your own product list with a brief and an extended description of the product in the selected category which may also include photos of the product. In a classic auction the product list also has two subcategories: a system list (created by the administrator) and a user list (created by a registered user). Such division is required for managing products uploaded by users. You define the preferable type of delivery and a recommended product price which will later on be used to calculate savings achieved by winning the auction.
- Managing categories
- Since all products are divided into categories and subcategories, auctions are well-structured. Thus, users can easily find products and administrators can manage goods depending on the category. Products may have an unlimited number of subcategories, e.g. there can be such a branch: Vehicles -> Cars and Trucks -> Brand -> Model -> Year.
- Managing deliveries
- Administrator can set an unlimited number of delivery types. For instance, if you deliver products by a carrier, mail or DHL, you can include these delivery types and set a separate price for each. This information is provided to the user separately when they participate in the auction. Delivery costs are not included in the auction price.
- Auction processor
- All finished auctions are received by the administrator, checked for payment, prepared for dispatch and sent. Administrator has an overview of all actions performed with the paid auctions. This way, the system shows which auctions are being processed or have already been dispatched. You always know the current status of the products won. The user also sees what is happening to the product he has paid for. Status “Processed” or “Dispatched” gives an understanding of the approximate delivery time.
- Auction archiving
- All the finished auctions are saved in a special archive available for administrator. Administrator can find any past auction he needs. Auction archiving is very useful for statistics, monitoring and control. Also administrator can see lot’s statuses like Dispatched or Paid, etc.
- Grouping auctions for current, finished and future on front/end
Auction module provides an overview of all auctions depending on their status (future, current, finished). This way you can analyze and manage the number of auctions, as well as introduce changes into future auctions. This module helps users plan their time for participating in auctions which are of interest to them.
- Highlighting of expiring auctions
- This functionality will highlight the auctions expiring in X seconds. You can set the number for X in the auction administration system. You can also choose the type of highlighting- the auction can either flicker or it will be an inscription saying that the auction expires.
- Single currency is set by default on the platform, also there is an opportunity to add unlimited number of currencies.
- All financial settlements on the website are executed in the standard currency.
- Exchange rate for each currency can be set manually by the Administrator from the Admin panel, or automatically synchronized with daily exchange rates from external sources.
- Financial archive
- The history of all transactions in the account is presented in an easy and understandable way, both for users and administrator.
- Available payment systems
- Wide opportunities to receive payments through different systems that target various audiences will boost your site attractiveness and significantly increase its turnover.
- One of the following payment systems can be integrated in your auction platform for free (one way payments, from buyer to seller directly):
- – PayPal
- – Stripe
- – Robokassa
- – Other payment systems upon additional request
- Savings calculator
- This calculator shows to the auction winner or product buyer how much money was saved as a result of the auction or purchase.
- Admin area interface
- Administration panel has a clear and easy to understand structure and doesn’t require any special skills or experience. There are a number of tips which are of great help to the administrator.
- User interface
- In the user area, the user has a quick and easy access to all settings and can easily edit their personal data. In the won auction section, they control all transactions performed with acquired products and their delivery.
- Water safety marks on product photos
- Product photos will display the name of your auction. This way, if anyone decides to use your product photos, they will automatically advertise your online auction. Search engines will also display photos of your products with a watermark on them which will make your auction easily recognized.
- Personal messages
- Social functionality of Merkeleon means that users can exchange personal messages. It is perfect for a classic type of auction in which a buyer may want to ask a seller some clarifying questions.
- Managing advertising blocks
- Here you can add static pictures, banners, flash banners. You can also show a banner just on one language version of the site or on all versions. For instance, banner Auction1 is shown just on the English version of the auction and banner Auction2 just on the German version.
- ” SEO friendly”
- The system is designed with the help of technologies which improve search engine optimization. The product name is automatically added to the product page title. In the auction administration system you can add title pages, tag descriptions and keywords.